25 Books Every Christian Should Read: A Guide to the Essential Spiritual Classics
The publishers of this book have called together a prestigious editorial board, including Richard Rohr, and polled respected Christian leaders and thinkers from a variety of Christian traditions, including Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant, to present the twenty-five most spiritually influential and important books for Christians to read.
These are books that should be shaping the church, our faith, and our engagement in the world. 25 Books Christians Should Read provides historical background for each work and explains its importance for modern Christians, while including selected readings from each book to get you started.
In addition, each chapter ends with discussion questions to the work for use in small groups or for personal reflection. This is a pivotal resource for the future of Christianity, an invitation into the fullness and richness of the Christian tradition.
- The Sayings of the Desert Fathers
- The Rule of St. Benedict
- The Cloud of Unknowing, by Anonymous
- Revelations of Divine Love, by Julian of Norwich
- The Imitation of Christ, by Thomas a Kempis
- The Interior Castle, by St. Teresa of Avila
- The Pilgrim’s Progress, by John Bunyan
- Orthodoxy, by G.K. Chesterton
- A Testament of Devotion, by Thomas R. Kelly
- Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis
- and others...
Softcover: 390 pages
Published in 2011